Priest Cataclysm overview tomorrow
Check out this statement from Blizzard regarding the class previews for Cataclysm. And, the priest preview is scheduled to be revealed April 7 – tomorrow!
I personally hope that there will be a few hints to our talents, especially regarding the following subjects:
- Will we be dumping Spirit altogether, on gear as well as talents, or will we get “the boomkin treatment”?
- Considering we will lose our ability to remove Disease in Shadowform, does it mean we will be more focused on damage and raid support through damage, losing our healing/support secondary role?
- What will be our third “mastery” – besides the +%Damage and +%Mana regain we share with the other priest trees?
- Will the storyline of Cataclysm anchor Shadowpriests more into the lore, rather than being “tacked-on” as being priests of the old gods?
- What new spells await us as we progress to level 85?
- How does Blizzard feel about our Replenishment/VE ability and has their focus changed – how will we support our raid/arena team and earn our raid spots in Cataclysm?
The announcement states some of these questions will be answered, and others are wishful thinking on my part. The idea of providing health and mana through damage has always been the fact that drew my into the Shadowpriest class, and I would hate to see the class changed so far that we are identical to warlocks.
As a member of the Priest class, we are by necessity a supporter, rather than an individual like the warlock or the death knight, which would corroborate this statement. Even so, Cataclysm can hold many surprises for us – pleasant or not.
As soon as I pick up the list, expect to see it here, as well as my take on the announcements.